We currently collect and process your data, such as name, address and telephone number, we are committed to protecting your
personal data and privacy here at RMB Garage Services. This personal information is collected for the purpose of invoicing due
to our legal obligation and also to contact you regarding your vehicle. When taking these contact details, we may also write
them in our work diary. As we are a VAT registered company, we are duty bound by law to retain your data following rules &
regulations set out by HMRC. We do not share your data with any other organization. When making any payments via card to us
this is taken by Take Payments Ltd who will receive your financial information in the same way as any other credit card
We collect this personal information directly from yourself and keep it securely filed away on paper files and password
protected database at RMB Garage Services. Our server is secure and monitored by our IT company who ensure this is reviewed
regularly to the highest security measures needed to be taken. This data is kept for up to 6 years in line with the correct
retention period. This information is then destroyed by a professional shredding company & deleted from all hardware at the
end of the yearly term.
If you need to change any of your personal details at any point, we would appreciate you contacting us via telephone or email so
we can make this change immediately.
For security reasons we have CCTV camera’s that monitor the garage and reception area. Images of you may be captured on
CCTV but are on loop to delete automatically after 30 days. The recordings are not distributed to anybody else without your consent and are used for crime detection, prevention & public safety.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal
data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact Scott Briddon in writing.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113